Thursday, November 7, 2013

Curtain Call Welcome Home

Good Thursday Morning.
I wanted to play along with the Curtain Call Challenge: Welcome Home

I took the wonderful photo literally and created my impression of this wreath.
such a lovely wreath hanging on a weathered door!
So artistic. 
Using the stamp, A Wreath for all Seasons (PTI), I stamped the stick wreath first in Kraft and then in Brown. Then I selectively stamped the sticks only to increase the width of the wreath. 
Next embossed the wreath stamp in ivory.
Then I applied red and purple dots to look like the berries in the photo.
I took a piece of natural sponge, and stamped tufts of mossy where I liked them,
in several powders, ivory and greens.
I know it seems like a lot of work, but fun it was!
Kind of artsy?
Next I accented in red and purple stickles.


Matted in Royal Velvet card stock, then in Rustic Cream.
I had this unused silver paper that I ran through a wood grained embossing folder, inked it up a bit, 
stamped the Merry in Royal Velvet, and the Christmas in Pine.
Card base is Aqua Mist
Hope you enjoyed my long winded explanation. 
Oh yes, the stitching is Lil Inkers square die.

Catch the challenge that runs through Sunday, here:

13 comments:

  1. whoa! that's gorgeous! thanks so much for playing along at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love how you extended the stick wreath! The mossy like tufts you added are so pretty! Right into my favorites file, so I can try to make a pretty holiday card, with a larger wreath like you created! Thanks for sharing your creativity! Sue (suen)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful wreath Nancy! I am so impressed with your selective inking--gorgeous. Thank you so much for joining us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, right out of the gate, having you on my Bloglovin', is a thrill! What a work of art! Where to even start the appreciation of this much goodness?!

    Your take on the photo is magnificent. I love the background color and your slanted wood-grain pane - off center - just amazing. The wreath is an ode to texture. The fluffy sponged flowers mingled in ivories and greens. The beautiful berries, applied early in the wreath making, and then accenting them at the end with Stickles. Your color matting and three red gem stones totally compliment without taking any of the glory away from the wreath. And, oh my goodness, lining up the 'Merry' with the slanted wood-grain panel!

    This will definitely be going on my Pinterest board. My only regret - it doesn't receive record breaking traffic. Also, thank you for posting with a very large image of this beautiful card, and for the wonderful breakdown of your process. I have spent at least 10 minutes just looking at the large version, trying to absorb all of its goodness.

    Thanks again for letting me know about the Bloglovin', and for sharing your amazing talent and generous soul.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning! It is a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yoru wreath is gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at The Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy your wreath is stunning! I love how you made it thicker and the colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy I love love love how you re-created the wreath in the photo! And your use of the wreath for all seasons stamp in ways I had never thought of is so appreciated!!! I am taking notes my friend and I am going to pin this post so I can refer back to it!!!! I love this gorgeous card!!!!!! You ALWAYS inspire me my dear!
    Hugs,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a wonderful card, I just love the colours and the design! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is gorgeous, Nancy! I love how you enlarged the wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sponged wreath is gorgeous Nancy! Love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your interpretation of the wreath is beyond fabulous. You were able to capture the feel of the wreath, including its texture, on paper. The angling of the embossed paper and 'Merry' adds such interest.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!