Thursday, April 16, 2015

Virginia's View Challenge #14 Layers & Dimensions


Playing along with Virginia's View Challenge blog,
where the challenge is to use layers and dimensions.
Not too hard for this cardmaker, it's what I love most about the craft!

Virginia's challenge photo is inspiring, check it out:

But it's her guest designers and Virginia herself, that take it up 
many notches!


This is Virginia's sample of layering, and in my opine, exquisite!

My card is full of layers, and we'll stop at that!
I'm a farm girl, and it shows in the stamps and elements I'm always drawn to.


PTI stamps and dies, Garden Variety frame, Vegetable Garden Radishes,
sentiment from Petite Pots,
lots of pretty papers from my stash and some washi.
Where Virginia added a layer of gold string, I chose hemp twine.
See that white circle thingy going on in the upper left corner? 
That's is a piece of one of my new die fav's from Waltzingmouse, Pretty Circle Die.
A funny thing happened while tri-inking the radishes, they sort of split up the ink, just
like a real radish does with it's color. Love it when that happens!
Some dew drops finish, and that's my layered card.
Like I said, not much of a stretch for me, as layering is my first love... in card making, that is!
Play along with Virginia's View Challenge here:

2 comments:

  1. Ho on earth did I miss this one! Oh my gosh its wonderful and I love the radishes! All the layers are always so well thought out!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!