Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Birthday Wishes and Watercolor Resist


I had the Meadow Greens stamps and dies on my worktable, 
finishing my card for tomorrow's Blog Hop,
and before putting them away, did a card for the latest MIM at Papertrey.
Lexi works her wonders showing us how she watercolor resists.
I didn't have any rubber cement, but used masking fluid instead,
following her instructions applying it to watercolor paper.


From the treated paper came a contemporary, all over design.
I cut some Mega Vases dies, and used 3 of them for a birthday card.
To make them stand out from each other, I sponge inked the sides 
of the vases for a little dimension.


Popped up the center vase with foam, added a die cut a branch from Songbirds, a few
rainstones, and done!

20 comments:

  1. Looking great. Does give the vases a modern art appearance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, this is so pretty! I was going to use Mega Vases but changed my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always a treat, Nancy, always a treat to open your links!

    ReplyDelete
  4. simply stunning!! the layers of color and pattern are so pretty and perfect for the vases. thanks for playing make it monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my...totally love this stunning card Nancy! Those vases almost have a plaid look to them and are SO cool looking! Love the colors you used too, and then that bold pop of white with the leaves...lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Nancy! Your vases turned out amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's beautiful, Nancy. I love the look that you achieved for your vases!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm at a loss for words on your beautiful card Nancy! Everyone has said the same thoughts I have about your amazing work of art. It look like your coloring of the vases was so intentional and perfect. I love it!! Meadow Greens has been on my wish list forever, and after seeing your card, I really must add it to my cart. There's always so many things at PTI that call my name but your card steals the show!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow Nancy your cards are always special, love the look of your vases, very cool :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH this is totally amazing Nancy! Those vases are so pretty! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Must give this method of resist a try too. Great results.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous vases!! Love your whole card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow all the colors you can see on your vases are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMGoodness!! your card is over the top stunning!! Your friends must LOVE getting cards from YOU!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!