Monday, September 19, 2016

A Day of Marbling


Good Monday to you, (hope it's a good one!).
Playing along with Cas Mix Up's Challenge,
Stamping + Marbling + Your Choice.


I was visiting Marcia Hill, from Marcia's Stampin' Pad,
and was treated to a craft I hadn't done for ages, marbling. Marcia's blog
is full of great tips if you've never done this.
I followed her lead, and used Gina K's video 
that gives easy to follow directions.


note: Cas's Challenge blog has several sites for more techniques
and directions if you don't want to use shaving cream.

One warning: marbling is addicting! As you can see, just couldn't stop!


The Coverplate Sunflower (PTI) cut through my marbled paper, 
once it was dry.
I emboss stamped 'blessings' in black on vellum,
added PTI's birthday swoosh, 
and added a thin outer frame (PTI's Pretty Frame).

But like I said, just couldn't stop!


The marbling technique I used was to squeeze droplets of ink refill onto a 
paper plate filled with shaving cream.
You cut through the droplets with a knife or stick,
gently swirling the color through the foam.
I was going for a fall color scheme, and used
PTI refill colors: Terracotta Clay, Saffron Spice, Hawaiian Shores & 
Green Parakeet.

Frame is MFT Wonky Stitched Rectangles
Leaves: PTI: Leaf Prints
Sentiment: PTI's Color Pop Autumn.

Last 2 cards used positive and negative die cuts


Simple one layer card using PTI's Best Birthday Die.
Stamped with sentiment from PTI's Fancy Pants Sentiments.


Couldn't let the negative portion go to waste! 
Added glitter paper to the balloons, and zing embossed Happy Birthday, with Mustard.
A bit of glitter on the rims of balloons and letters of my sentiment.

Play along with Cas Mix Up here:

10 comments:

  1. You've had great success with marbling Nancy. Your pieces that you did with Marcia are really gorgeous. And I LOVE the way you've used them for your cards. That sunflower is AMAZING!! LOVE the touch of blue. The autumn leaves card is gorgeous as well and really shows off the beautiful swirling pattern from marbling.

    Great job using both the negative and positive for your sweet birthday balloons cards. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, my favorite is the sunflower, gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! How wonderful that you could craft with Marcia! You have really embraced marbling and done a fantastic job with using your pieces on cards! I LOVE this sunflower and all the other samples too! Thanks so much for sharing these with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy your marbling is just gorgeous! I love the colours that you chose to use!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fabulous Nancy!! The marbling is beautiful. How nice that you got in some crafty time with Marcia!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A feast for the cardmakers eyes! My gosh these are amazing and I love the marbling..... wow! I am going to have to check all that out! Thanks for the links! Shaving cream? It looks gorgeous! Love both of the balloon cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Nancy, your stack of marbling papers could have come right off my counter! I love what you did with them...the sunflower is stunning! the two leaf prints is awesome, wonderful background and oh those balloons! It really is addicting, isn't it? But I loved it too...BTW, great idea to use a paper plate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my...your cards are absolutely GORGEOUS Nancy!!! Your sunflower card has just blown me away and I think I NEED that die now!! Your other 3 cards are just as fabulous and I'm so glad you had fun playing with this technique! The colors you used are so pretty together, and I think I'm going to have to go get some more shaving cream (that's not so smelly!!) and play again! Thanks so much for the shout out to my blog too...stamping friends really are the best, aren't they?!! Hope the rest of your week goes as well as your Monday did my friend!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG Nancy, your sunflower, leaves and balloon cards are just amazing! I loved them all. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix UP. I will be checking out your video link. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your marbled pieces are really so pretty. I love what you've done with the different positives and negatives.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!