Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Happy Birthday to You


It's a beautiful day in CA's Central Valley, 
Spring is in full bloom here, with warm (not hot!) days.
And the Card Concept has a new challenge for you,
with this photo:


Vintage Tiles, musical backgrounds, lace, birds, 
well, you get the idea.
What inspires you?

Take a look at a birthday card I did, using the photo for inspiration.


The lacy frame is a stencil from PTI's Lovely Lace,
inked with Ranger's Distress Oxide: Iced Spruce & Vintage Photo.
I LOVE the way those inks blend, and the colors they create,
when overlapped.
The birds, flowers, musical birthday score 
 and leafy branch are from Songbirds, one of my PTI favorites.

Enjoy your Spring day, (hopefully it's as beautiful as mine)
and visit the Card Concept Challenge Blog for more inspiration!



7 comments:

  1. Nancy, this is so cute! I love those cheerful birds. Your entire card has a wonderfully cheerful mood I love!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely LOVE this card Nancy! That background is just Gorgeous and I'm loving my DOX inks and lace stencils too. And I haven't had my Songbirds set out in so long....I just might need to CASE this beauty my friend!! Lovely, lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just hear those song birds singing now Nancy!! This is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous combination of elements! Love the sweet birds, the stenciled "frame" as well as the musical sentiment! Great job, sweet friend- thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, just beautiful. I love the Distress Oxide Inks too and think we need them in all the colors! Your card is a perfect example of why.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pretty layered design! Those birds are so adorable and the musical sentiment is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That stenciled background is perfect for those pretty birds! Love this!!!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!